As you transition into the world of work, it’s important to know the requirements for getting a work permit for any minor, under the age of 18. Below are the steps to obtaining a work permit.
- Student must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher to qualify for a work permit.
- Call North High School to arrange a time to pick up a work permit packet.
- Read through packet instructions.
- Student applies for and gets hired by the employer.
- Parent, student, and employer fill out work permit paperwork.
- Student calls North High School to set up an appointment time to bring in paperwork.
- Student submits completed paperwork with all signatures, along with copy of social security card to North High office personnel. (For special circumstances, please contact Mrs. Venegas below)
- North High office personnel process the work permit packet, and will call you once the work permit has been processed.
- Student will then return to the school at a designated time slot to pick up work permit
- Student may begin working!
Please contact Counseling Secretary, Mrs. Monique Venegas [email protected]