In an effort to further strengthen our partnership with the parents and guardians of our students, we are excited to inform you that the Academic Intervention Program will begin its thirteenth year of operation on Monday, September 16, 2019. Academic Intervention (A.I.) is designed to ensure that all students are given a fair and equal chance to satisfactorily complete assignments in core area subjects and/or credit recovery classes. We will need your support in our efforts to improve your student's grades as we plan to provide one more excellent opportunity to supply your child with the best education our district has to offer.
- Any student with three or more incomplete or missing assignments in a core area subject will be required to attend at least a one hour afterschool session, similar to Study Hall.
- Students will be assigned AI until they have successfully completed all missing assignments. Some students may be able to complete their missing assignments within one day, while others may need multiple days.
- Students may also be referred by a core area teacher for failing to demonstrate proficiency on subject area assessments/projects and not completing remediation/re-testing on own time.
- AI operates Monday through Thursday from 3:20 to 4:20 p.m.
- Math and Science is held Mondays and Wednesdays
- English, History, and Fine Arts (Spanish included) and electives run Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Highly qualified teachers are available to assist students in completing the missing assignments.
- A late bus will be available at 4:30 p.m.
- Free afternoon snack is provide
- An automated call is generated around 1pm each day to the main contact number on your child’s contact screen. Please make sure to update this number with our registrar if this number is no longer your contact number.
- Students will be allowed to call home during the first five minutes of AI if parent notification is needed.
- A parent or guardian may also call 399-3351 to inquire about AI. If calling after school day hours, please dial extension 75016.
We are excited to be a part of a program which focuses on the success of all North High students. We appreciate your support and as always, encourage your questions, comments, and concerns.